Linear motion solutions for Aerospace industry applications
The aerospace industry is extremely demanding, constantly requiring advanced technology, performance, materials and special solutions. When it comes to aircraft interior design, features like light weight, high load capacity, compact size, strength and easy assembly must be combined with a high degree of comfort, ergonomics and long lifespan. For external applications, aircraft components also need to be strong and able to handle heavy loads, without compromising on quality of motion over time and requiring less maintenance.
Reducing the weight of aircraft components means cutting fuel costs and installing a low maintenance product means reducing aircraft down-times caused by maintenance.
Manufacturers of aerospace components must therefore focus on strength, high load capacity, compact size and, above all, weight. In addition, quiet, smoothness and good ergonomics are key features in all aircraft interior design applications.
Rollon has partnered with top aircraft seats manufacturers for many years and also supplies components for manufacturers of special vehicles, and devices and equipment used in airports.
Rollon’s strength in this industry is being able to develop special design solutions with a wide range of linear motion products that meet industry requirements
Key applications for linear rails and actuators in the aerospace industry:
- Linear guides for seat tracking in first and business class
- Telescopic guides for extraction of slide-out components
- Telescopic guides for extraction of aircraft trash compactors and Galley carts
- Linear motion in aircraft maintenance platforms
- Linear guides for footrest extension
- Telescopic guides for compartment extraction in special airport vehicles