How to Accomplish Predictable, Reliable Linear Motion
On the surface, it may seem like choosing the right actuator for a given application is an easy task. In reality, however, much more goes into selecting a reliable actuator than you might think.
Our latest white paper will help you avoid the most common specification errors. The paper covers eight key points:
- Accuracy and repeatability. Learn how repeatability measures a system’s command position, as well as some common specifications for accuracy.
- Capacity. Understand the different types of capacity to consider for your actuator.
- Travel length. Learn the differences between stroke and overall length when selecting an actuator.
- Usage. Get an idea of how long your actuator will run.
- Ambient environment. Recognize how environmental conditions will affect the performance of your actuator.
- Timing. Find out the importance of sticking to your project’s timeline.
- Orientation. Discover how your actuator’s orientation will influence its ability to carry a given load.
- Rates. Learn how to choose the right motion profile for your application.